Monday 5 November 2007

Making the most of it

It would appear that winter has finally arrived.

I like this time of year. I can put the fire on and curl up early at night with a good book . The rain and the cold means that for the next five months or so i can stay in without accusations of being boring.

Right now th wind is howling outside and the rain is starting to spatter the windows. The dog has been walked, the leaves have been raked and there is a beef casserole in the oven. For the rest of the day i have nothing to do but write.

I would much prefer to be teaching but the job market being what it is in this area means there is little chance of that in the forseeable future so i might as well make the most of this quiet time. And I have been. I have been writing and cooking and baking and feel as if i've been sucked into an Enid Blyton book of my own design.

Am I bored? Occasionally.

it seems to me though that we rarely get lots of time to do the things we love so I'm cramming in everything I won't have time to do when I am finally working again.

I hope to finish my novel and I'm half way through so that's a good sign and I intend to make everyones Christmas presents this year for financial and creative reasons.

For all of you at work and thinking about the cold journey home and then having to get up in the morning when it's dark I'm sure you're a little jealous and I won't rub it in but i'm jealous to. I miss having somewhere to go each day and I hope it isn't for much longer.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I am rather excited about my Nigella cake.

Keep writing honey. And enjoy this time without the 9-5 stresses.
x

The Divine Mr. M said...

Thank you. today i finally made it to the halfway mark. Never been here before it is unchertered territory.